The Club shall be known as SAGE GOLF CLUB.
The goals of the club shall be to encourage and promote the playing of golf in all its aspects.
Membership in the club is open.
4. OFFICERS and MANAGEMENT
The affairs of SAGE shall be managed by the Executive Officers elected at the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING.
a. The Executive
shall consist of .....
- Match & Registration Co-ordinator
- Handicap Co-ordinator
- Social Convenor
- Two additional Executive Members
b. These Officers
shall hold office for a period of 2 years
and elections will take place at the A.G.M.
Should a vacancy occur, it will be filled by the
appointment of a person by the remaining members of the
5. DUTIES OF THE CLUB EXECUTIVE
a. Interpret and enforce the provisions of the Constitution
and the By-laws of the club.
b. Prepare Budget for expenditures.
c. Hear and decide on
all complaints presented by
6. DUTIES OF THE INDIVIDUAL OFFICERS
1. Call and preside at all meetings of the Executive and the club, except as otherwise provided for.
2. Appoint all Committees not otherwise provided for and see that the other Officers and Committees perform their duties.
5. Be an Ex-Officio member for all Committees.
1. Prepare a brief Financial Report at the meetings Executive and a Full Report at the A.G.M.
2. Supervise Expenditures by the Executive to ensure agreement with the details voted on at the A.G.M.
1. Prepare minutes of all Executive and Club meetings.
2. Provide all members with a copy of constitution at
3. Maintain records and files as required.
4. Provide Members with a written communication regarding executive decisions.
M & R CO-ORDINATOR
1. Prepare Tournament schedules and venues for approval by the club membership.
2. Supervise tournaments and arrange order of play.
3. Co-ordinate the presentation of tournament prizes.
1. Record tournament results and maintain handicap standings of all club members.
2. Assist the M&R within tournament organization.
1. Prepare social activities calendar for approval of the Executive.
2. Organize and manage all social activities approved by the Executive.
TWO ADDITIONAL MEMBERS
1. Assist the Executive as required.
7. SIGNING AUTHORITY
The Treasurer or Chairperson shall have the authority to issue cheques on behalf of the club.
The signatures of both the afore-mentioned Officers will be required to validate each cheque.
8. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
i. The A.G.M. will be held at least 2 weeks prior to the first scheduled tournament.
ii. All members are to be informed 14 days in advance of a proposed or special meeting. A Quorum shall consist of at least 10 members.
iii. The agenda of the A.G.M. shall consist at least of the following
A Approval of the minutes of the last A.G.M.
1. a.Written reports from the Executive relating to the past season's
2. b.activities plus plans for the upcoming year.
e. Election of Officers
f. Discussion on the basic Fee structure.
9. VOTING POWERS
1. At all executive, general or special meetings, each club member except the Chairperson , will have one vote. In the event of a tie, the Chairperson will have the deciding vote.
2. All matters presented at executive, general or special meetings, shall be passed by a majority vote of the club members present at the meetings.
The constitution and / or by-laws may be amended at any general or special meeting provided that ....
1. 1. The proposed amendment is filed with the Secretary prior to, or at the A.G.M.
2. 2.The vote required to pass an amendment at the meeting shall 2/3 's majority.
1. 1.Until members are fully paid, their status will be that of a guest. 50% of Dues have to be paid at commencement of the 1st tournament and the rest by the 2nd tournament. Members who are not in good financial standing with the club will NOT qualify for any tournament prizes, financial or otherwise, until they have met their commitment.
2. 2.Any member who is late for tee-off time, will be penalized 2 strokes. ie. Any member who is not in the surrounding area when tee-off time is called, is deemed to be late.
3. 3.Any other similar infraction by the same member will incur an additional penalty stroke.
3.A member must notify the club at least 48 hours prior to a match,
that he is not available.